Monday, July 29, 2013

Bu Hafta

Merhaba!

So this blog title translate to This Week!

Pazartesi ve Salı: These days I didn't really do much, just school and home mostly.  It is really nice though and I appreciate these days because I have time to relax.  But not much happene.

Çarşamba: This day was awesome.  After school we went as a group to volunteer at an underprivliged childrens center.  While we mostly played games, it was really nice to interact with them and it was really fun.

Perşambe:  Thursday was so much fun.  I went out with my host sister and her friends for İftar.  It was great to meet all of her friends and they really liked me and I really liked them.  It was such a fun evening and that made me really wish I was staying  here for a year and going to a Turkish high school, but I am in no way complaining.  The amount of time I have been giving here is amazing.  It's just hard not to wish it was longer.

Cuma:  On Friday, after school I went shopping with some of the other Americans to Kosa Han, the İpek pazar.  It was great to go shopping and I got more gifts for my family and friends.  I think I am going to bring back an entire suitcase of gifts for people, either way I need another one because my one is already overweight.  But anyway, shopping was fun and Kosa Han is çok güzel.

Cumartesi:  This day I slept in and went to a cousins house for İftar.  İftar in the evening was really fun because I am starting to speak more Turkish and am able to understand way more.  I am still a beginner, of course, but my Turkish is a million times better than it was before I came.  I really don't want to leave Turkey, I want to stay and become fluent in Türkçe.  Oh well, it is what it is.  After İftar we went to our summer house and then we went home.  I got home at 1:30, slept for two hours, woke up at 3 for kahvaltı then slept until nine.

Pazar:  On Sunday we went to Yalova, which is a town about an hour and a half away from Bursa.  It was by the sea and so pretty.  We only stayed there for a few hours, though.  We then went food shopping, went to our summer house for İftar then a few hours later came back home.  It was a good and relaxing day. There was a lot of driving, though.

That was pretty much my week.  I know I didn't write much, and believe me, I could've written way more.  I am just trying not to spend too much time on the computer.  All in all it was a really good week.  I can't believe that in less than two weeks I will be back in the U.S.  This is really crazy.  I also didn't write much because things here are more or less normal and I have settled into what is more or less of a routine here.

I love it here and I love Turkey.  This truely is an experience of a lifetime and I am going to spend this next week and a half learning as much as I can and seeing as much as I can.

Till next time
-Sarah  

No comments:

Post a Comment