Monday, July 22, 2013

Half Way There

So, as you can tell from the title, I have been in Turkey for three weeks and have three weeks left.

My blog entry today is going to be about last week.

Monday-  On Monday I went to school, like normal.  School is normal at this point.  It is constant and doesn't change along with lunch.  Anyway after school I went to a bizarre to go shopping and get present for my family and friends, unfortunately I didn't bring enough money, so I'll just have to come back. We got home around four and then watched T.V until we went to my host Uncle's place for İftar.  My host family and extended host family is great.  They are all so nice and my little host cousins are adorable.

Tuesday- On Tuesday's we have peer language tutoring at a park.  After this I walked around Bursa with my host sister and her friend.  This was way better than it sounds.  We just walked around Bursa for an hour or so.  Bursa is so pretty and it was so much fun.  I really want to go exploring\shopping again before I leave, so I will have to make that a priority.

Wednesday- This was a really interesting day.  After school we took a bus to İznik, which is about an hour outside of Bursa.  İznik was so pretty and we also had some time to go shopping.  It was wonderful.  However my host sister didn't come because she had English class.  We got back to Bursa at 8 in the evening and I took the bus home.  The bus didn't stop where it usually stops, meaning I got slightly lost.  I use the word slightly because I had a general idea of where I was.  Again this seems totally fine, but it was getting dark and it was after the evening call to prayer meaning a lot of people were having İftar, so there weren't a lot of people on the streets.  I made it back home safe, but still I was so nervous and scared I wouldn't make it back.

Thursday-  I can't really remember what I did on Thursday after class and peer language tutoring.  Sorry.

Friday-  On Friday after school, I came home and after my sister finished her homework we watched films until İftar, it was a muh needed relaxing evening. I also went to a mosque with my host family during prayer time.  This was a very interesting experience.  I can't really describe it, but I'm glad I went.

Saturday- On Saturday we had the option of going with the group to a seramik studio.  It was so much fun!  We got to paint our own pots and it was really cool to see a very traditional art of Turkey.  I am also excited to see how mine turns out.  After that we went to the sinema and then we went home and I did my homework.  It was a very fun, but also a very long day.

Sunday- Yesterday my host family hosted this big İftar party at our summer house, so we spent all day getting ready.  The party itself was fun and I got home at 1:30 in the morning.  I fell alsleep for about an hour and a half, but generally here I am staying up so much later.  Hopefully that will make that will make the first few weeks of college easier.

All in all these three weeks in Turkey have been amazing and I can't wait to see what these next few weeks will bring.  Also I will post pictures when I get back, as I didn't bring my own computuer.

Till next time,
-Sarah

1 comment: