Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hello Everyone!

So to whomever is still reading this, I am sorry, but I have been really busy ever since I've got back from Turkey.

First of all since I've returned home, my life has changed again.  I have been in college for three weeks now!  So far it is mostly fun.  If anyone cares I am taking intro to Anthropology, Spanish, International Politics and a first year seminar course.  As much fun as college is, it is also a lot of work, which is mostly why I haven't been updating because I really haven't had time.

As I am in college after studying abroad I've realized a few things, 1) I am use to this sense of independence that I have.  Of course I am still slightly adjusting because I have more independence than I did in Turkey, but I feel like if I hadn't had that experience adjusting to this would be harder.  2) I seem to be better at resolving conflict.  I am way more direct with people now about what I want and how I am feeling.  This is really good and my communication with people I feel is much better than before I left.  3) I am just generally better at connecting with people.  There is a guy in my first year seminar class from Istanbul and we get along super well, aside from that I find that I am just better to relating and understanding people as a whole.

I'm not really sure what else to say in this post.  In case you are wondering I have only talked to my host sister through Facebook a few times.  I really want to stay in communication with my host family, but I have been so busy here it is really hard.  On the plus side I am getting more use to the courseload which is good.

Here is the reflection part.  There are some aspect of Turkey that stay with me.  When I walk off my quite college campus to go to the bookstore I expect crowed Turkish streets, people hustling about and cars that won't stop for you.  And in these moments I miss Turkey, I miss Bursa and I miss constantly learning.  Don't get me wrong I am constantly learning here, it is just a different type of learning.  My point is that no matter what happens to me in this month, year and in life Turkey will always be a part of me.

I'm not sure how often I'll be blogging from now on.  I might update occasionally if something really exciting in my life happens.  I just wanted to update saying that all is well, I am having an amazing time in college and I wanted to write saying that even though my study abroad experience is over my life is not.  I will continue existing in this vast world trying and hoping to make a difference.  Leaving places and people better than I found them and most importantly enjoying the ride known as life.

I also might decide to continue blogging in a few years when I have the opportunity to go abroad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment